Help us Create & Deliver
At Katapult we provide a range of services in product design, digital design, brand identity, UX/UI design and packaging. Whilst our strengths are diverse across disciplines our underpinning expertise lies in our ability to define opportunities within complex problems and design simple, targeted solutions.
We are strong believers in an open and honest process. We are committed to the success of our clients and understand that ultimately we will be judged by it. We are determined to develop long term, cohesive, passionate relationships with our clients.
Working at Katapult means you are part of a dynamic, agile, exciting and fast paced team – we are going to rely on you to be there – for us and for our clients. You will love our culture, enjoy an inclusive environment and enhance our already amazing team. We encourage you to participate and collaborate – every idea is listened to and every suggestion considered.
Senior Industrial Designer
14th December 2021
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Product Designer to join our Melbourne team.
You are a skilled problem solver that can bring conceptual ideas to life in new and inspiring ways, who can take complex real-world challenges and translate them into simple, well resolved and beautiful design solutions.
What you’ll do
- Love design
- Craft compelling design solutions using great problem solving and conceptual thinking skills with the end user front of mind
- Apply a strategic mindset
- Embrace big challenges and tackle them with collaborative workflow
- Have a strong understanding of technologies, materials, manufacturing processes and operations
- Be responsible for the detail development of concepts through the product life cycle for a diverse range of product categories
- Revel in the technical and mechanical solutions you develop and sweat the detail
- Open to growing into a project leadership role
- Ensure product compliance with relevant guidelines, procedures and specifications
- Prepare 3D model files and manage production documentation
- Thrive in a collaborative team, bringing excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to take direction and learn from others
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in industrial design / mechanical engineering
- 5 – 7 years relevant industrial experience
- Elite level skills in 3D CAD modelling using Solidworks
- Rendering skills highly sort after, preferable in Keyshot
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting to the wider team and to clients
Please upload your application using the form below. Please ensure that you select the position you are interested in using the drop down menu provided.
Your application must include:
- Your current CV
- Your folio (web link or pdf preferable)
- A cover letter highlighting why you are suitable for this position
Please note: Only candidates with rights to work in Australia should apply
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications, we shall only respond to candidates whose candidacy we would like to pursue.
Don’t see the job for you?
If you’re just what we need, but you don’t see yourself fitting the above roles, contact us here.
40 Parkes Avenue
Byron Bay, NSW 2481
20-40 Meagher Street
Chippendale, NSW 2008
Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Country
302/26 Rokeby Street
Collingwood, VIC 3066